Coronavirus: What we’re doing to prioritize your health
“At Mercatus, our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, shoppers and communities. Thanks to our incredible employees, we have been able to keep our stores open and continue serving the community through these challenging times. We thank our shoppers for your understanding, your kindness to others and for looking out for one another every day.”
President & CEO
Latest News & Updates
Answering Your Questions
What You Can Do
To help keep our stores and employees safe, we ask our shopper community to support one another during this challenging time. Here’s what you can do to help keep you, your family and your community safe:
- If you have any signs or symptoms related to COVID-19, do not leave your home to go to a store or pharmacy. Please call your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
- If you have travelled outside of the country in the past 14 days, have been told for any reason to self-isolate or are not feeling well, please do not shop in-store. You can instead shop with us online for delivery or ask a friend or neighbour to pick up groceries for you.
- Maintain and respect the recommended social distance of 6 feet from other people throughout the store and at checkout.
- Choose a designated shopper for your household and limit your trips to the store, as much as possible.
- Touch and hold only the products you intend to buy.
- Avoid stocking up on products and only buy what you need for your household.
- Avoid paying with cash and instead pay with credit or debit cards, if possible. When you can, use the tap payment feature on your card .
- Please follow World Health Organization recommendations for hygiene, including regular hand washing/sanitizing, coughing or sneezing into your elbow and avoiding touching your face.
And finally, we ask that you continue your incredible patience and understanding of other shoppers and our employees as you shop with us. Together, we can keep eachother safe and support one another through these difficult times.
We wish you and your loved ones well, and we thank you for shopping with us!